The value of good sex has come to be recognized by cultures all over the world. Being restricted to just one position brought on monotony to an otherwise enjoyable thing. This led to discoveries of some wonderful positions and methods. From doggy style to cow girl and 69ing, all these made sex become such a marvelous wonder. Then came BDSM that opened up a whole new approach to sex. For this article we have teamed up with adult movie shop Xvideo. Let’s look at some interesting sexual options in this sex swing guide.
What Is A Sex Swing?
A sex swing or an adult swing as they're often called are a type of harness that allow a partner to be suspended in mid air either above the bed or in a clear area.
If you're interested in this type of thing, check out my sex furniture guide for more inspiration!
The design of most swings varies but they generally have a support sling for the back, one for the buttocks and stirrups for the each leg. They can also be suspended from a bungee or a spring to provide bounce. Essentially, they are a form of BDSM. So if you have ever thought of exploring BDSM but you are not sure, you can start with sex swings and work your way into the ever evolving world of BDSM. Frankly, they are really fun and if you are the type of a person who likes to experience new things, you will enjoy every moment of it.
Sex swings have come to be known as a means to make sex play hot and spicy allowing the users try out new positions and styles with deeper penetration and explosive thrusts due to one person’s body weight being supported. Sex positions that would otherwise have tired you out or worse land you in hospital will be easily achieved. These next level playthings won’t come cheap mind you, but they will definitely bring in a lot of fun in the bedroom. Using a sex swing can even make you laugh a lot with your partner creating some beautiful and naughty memories.
Sex Swing Considerations
Before we delve into the type of swings available and positions that can be achieved, there is a number of things you need to know. When you decide to venture into the world of sex swings, look for the one that makes you feel most comfortable. It would be advisable to start with a traditional swing before you try anything a bit more complex.
Depending on how much you want to explore ask around and do your research to know what best fits you and your partner’s needs.
- You need to check the weight the swing will be able to handle. Most can handle a fair amount of weight with some even going above 300lbs (136kg). But to be safe, read the product description and specifications for more guidance.
- Look for a sturdy place where you will be able to suspend it or construct it. Ceiling beams are a good go-to as they are able to support a lot of weight. You can drill a hole and use the attachments that will come with the purchase. Otherwise, fixing it in a weak spot can cause damage and that will leave you having some very awkward conversations with the landlord or emergency room. If you can’t find something that will support the weight then the best bet is getting one with a frame to hang the swing from.
- Look for something that provides the best level of comfort. Swings that pinch you or bend your back too much are to be avoided. You could try a variety of positions to gauge how well it will be able to support you without any distress at the store.
- The best thing when purchasing a sex swing is to try different shops because that even helps in gouging the prices. This will prevent you from buying from overpriced by unscrupulous sellers. Once you really get the hang of it then can you safely make the transaction over the internet. But be sure of what you want beforehand.
What are sex swings made of?
They are usually made from leather, nylon, polyester, metal, foam, wood, and other materials like neoprene for soft padding. They come in different varieties.
- Platforms – Platforms are rigid and leave the back straight. Platforms are hard or soft depending on the padding.
- Hammock – Hammocks are flexible and curve the body in a natural way thus are very comfortable.
- Stirrups and straps – Stirrups and straps are where the legs and arms go, they support the legs, arms and back.
Types of sex swings
There are four types of swings which include:
- Body Swings - Body swings are harnesses that fit around one partner with the straps, loops and stirrups for the other partner. It needs the holding partner to be a bit strong and have a lot of stamina.
- Door Sex Swings - Door swings are made with straps and loops that have two bars which are secured onto a closed door. They are the cheapest among swings, easy to set up and are not a bother to carry when travelling. But they do not offer a lot of flexibility.
- Traditional Swings - Traditional swings are the most common and are designed with a basic setup. It is made with a four legged stand with a hammock or a platform suspended from 3 or 4 points.
- Fantasy Swings - Fantasy swings are suspended from a hook in the ceiling or a swing stand and have a hammock or a loop.
Sex Swing Positions
Now we have come to the fun part. There are a number of sex swing positions that you can do with a sex swing which will blow you and your lover away.
The below sex swing video from youtube will help you learn how to use a sex swing:
- Doggy Style In Space - This is best used with a hammock type style of swing. The woman lies face down with the hammock supporting the body. The partner holds on to your hips or thighs and then penetrates either anally or vaginally. The motion allows for deeper and stronger thrusts. And if you’re the lazy type then this is definitely for you.
- Swing Missionary - Sit in the swing with your legs spread apart. Use the stirrups for support. As penetration begins, the rocking movement will send you to heaven. The thrusts become deeper and stronger than ever.
- Fidget Spinner - Lower the swing set to just above the ground leaving a small amount ofroom. The partner is to lie down on the ground and then lower yourself. Hold on to the straps and your legs should be in the stirrups. When you do so and are low enough to let him penetrate you and then start spinning in a 360 degree motion. This will take your orgasms at a whole other level.
- The Magic Carpet 69 - You lean back on the straps with your legs held up by the stirrups. Your partner puts one leg on each side of your head and both of you can start giving some good oral service. The weightlessness of the action will help you swing with ease and give you good motion control.
Sex Swing Wrap up
The sex positions that you are able to do with sex swings are only limited by your imagination.There are so many more for you to discover. So do not limit yourself to just the basics but explore different avenues, techniques and styles. Learn what is good for both you and your partner. Speak to your partner on what makes you comfortable and what makes you excited. Make sure both of you are on the same page. It is a world that will bring both of you wonderful orgasms and therefore it has to be fun for both people. But remember, always put safety first and don’t go trying moves you are not sure about.